From the weekend

We're not sure how long we're going to be here in Portland as we're actively trying to move, so we've been making tourists out of ourselves.  I've read a bit about Forest Park.  It's listed on those what to do in Portland articles, and I've been wanting to check it out for a while now.  So I was happy to make the trip on Saturday!  It's basically a massive park full of hiking and biking trails.  And it's a bit of a hidden gem.  There isn't a designated parking lot or entrance.  There are a few gravel lots along the highway, and near each lot is an entrance.  Now, I haven't seen Narnia, but I would imagine entering this park is kinda what entering Narnia would be like.  Once on a trail, you're immersed in God-given beauty, surrounded by seemingly endless greenery and the tallest trees this recent SoCal resident has seen.  I took a million pictures, but no picture seemed to do the scenery justice.  Here are few pictures from our park ventures and the rest of our (semi-lazy) weekend.  Happy Monday!



"CHEEEEEESE." 


"Take a picture of me taking a picture!" 




Sometimes her little brother is the only one who can make her smile.


Ella's recently started to let me put her hair into ponytails.  The best way to sum up my feelings is I can't even.

Comments

  1. Aww you guys are cute. And you have adorable babies and wonderful family :)

    ♥ from www.expatpetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts