Our wedding day

I've been pretty mushy with my most recent posts, so instead of going with my original post for today laying out what it feels like to have been married for 2 years, I decided to dig up some pictures and take a fun look back on our wedding day.

We were married in St. Andrew's Catholic Church in Eagle River, Alaska on June 29th, 2013. Deciding where to have the wedding had been a decision we went back and forth on for quite some time.  Alaska is a trek from Michigan, and I knew if we decided on Alaska, most of my loved ones wouldn't be able to make it.  But if we landed on Michigan, some of Tim's immediate family couldn't make the trip.  After a lot of talk and a few tears, we decided on Alaska, and I'm so happy we did.  I fell in love with the place the first time I visited, so I felt incredibly blessed to be able to spend my big day in what felt like the scene of a fairy-tale.

Aside from it being our wedding day and the joy that comes from simply living out that day, our favorite part was our wedding party.  Since it was practically a destination wedding, we deeply appreciated our bridesmaids and groomsmen traveling from all over the country to celebrate with us.  And they made it so easy.  Everyone came together and just fit.  It made all the events and parties fun and easy and carefree.  We got so lucky.  I especially appreciated them because they were the only ones from my side (except for my parents) who could be there - a little piece of home.

Planning, then living, then looking back on a wedding is a funny thing.  You go through the everything matters, nothing matters, would-have-done-that-differently routine.  Maybe we spent too much money on centerpieces or I could have found a cheaper dress, but all of what it turned into was our day -- our one day where everyone came and prayed and danced in celebration of the love we had for each other, the commitment we were making, and the future we were starting.

I look back on parts of that day two years ago and inevitably choke up, my maid of honor's speech, the mother/son dance, my dad wishing us "a hundred good years" in Polish, and I'm reminded that the centerpieces were perfect, my dress was the one, and no matter what my 25-year-old self would tell my 23-year-old self, the day was perfect.

Here are some pictures from that day.  One of my bridesmaids, a talented photographer, gifted us with a collection of photos from our wedding weekend - some of the photos below are from that collection.  The others are from the photographer we hired.



The bridesmaids and I the morning of!


St. Andrew's Catholic Church 


The mosquitoes in this park were insane.  So insane we had to cut our time there short.


My dad's love for baseball runs deep.  He practically lives for the sport.  So I thought it would be fun to take some pictures on a diamond and gift them to him.  (Thanks to my sister-in-law Elizabeth for making that happen!)

The groomsmen!  They made sure to keep me laughing.

My ladies!

My maid of honor and life-long best friend.  


Bridesmaid, Kriztia.  One of my dearest friends from college and now God-mama to my baby girl.

Mother and son dance.


See ya!

Comments

  1. Good to know about your wedding day arrangements. Few months ago, I arranged my niece’s wedding at one of outdoor wedding venues. Booked it through internet and got good discounts as well. Enjoyed this event a lot and all her friends were there to make her feel special.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts