Family time and Harry Potter date nights

The title of this post pretty much sums up our weekend entirely.  Aside from the usual errand-running and cleaning, we stayed in enjoying good movies and even better company.

On Friday, it was game night.  We played a few serious rounds of Scattergories and indulged in mini-Reese's.  What's not to love?  Saturday, it was down to business.  Grocery shopping and cleaning the place were our priorities, but we also took some time to visit a maternity and baby consignment shop. Hello?  Score.  I got some as-good-as-new maternity clothes and jotted down a few things I'd like to go back for before the baby comes.


Sunday's for brunch, right?  Well, we brunched hard.  Our family came over and made a nice brunch. I ate my weight in gluten-free pancakes and then...lounged....while the kiddos played outside with chalk.   And, of course, we closed out the weekend with Mass, some fancy tacos, and the Bethesda Gaming Conference (#gamedevswife).


Every night this weekend, we watched a Harry Potter movie.  (My brother and sister-in-law recently loaned us their massive movie collection, so I'm slowly becoming more cultured.)  Growing up, I loved this series.  Ron Weasley was my dream man.  My best friends and I read the books.  (Well, they read all 7.  I stopped at 4.)  I saw the first few movies when they came out, but for whatever reason, I totally lost touch with the series after The Goblet of Fire.  I don't know why!  I saw movies 6 and 7 (parts 1 and two) this weekend, and I was reminded why I fell in love with the series in the first place.  Great story, excellent themes, and Maggie Smith as Professor McGonagall can never disappoint.

Today, well, today's all about Monday-like things.  Getting organized for the week, writing, etc., etc., etc.

Have a great Monday.

Comments

Popular Posts