Birthday weekend


View of the city


I love birthdays.  They take you out of the day-to-day, the groceries, the doctor's appointments, and give you a reason to celebrate.  And this birthday weekend was a great one.  A fancy dinner followed by a surprise celebration with our closest friends was what my husband had up his sleeve.  In dealing with recent health issues, tests, etc., I appreciated this birthday celebration more than most.  It felt good to put on a red dress, some lipstick, and go out.  To know our sweet girl was in good hands made the night all the more enjoyable.  And when we got home, me thinking the night had come to an end, we were welcomed by our close friends, streamers, and cupcakes filled with lit candles.

It was sweet, it was special.

The rest of the weekend was spent recovering as I was awoken in the middle of the night by a horrid case of food poisoning.  There's a first for everything.  On the brightest side, it's raining today in typically sunny SoCal and I'm feelin' 25.

Comments

Popular Posts