Veterans Day


Many of my favorite memories of my grandpa consist of him telling stories of "the old days".  The topics varied from my grandma, various travels, and Willie Nelson.  He every now and then would tell a war story.  Since we bonded mostly over country music, story time, and waffle cones, it became known I would be guaranteed two things of his upon his death.  His Johnny Cash collection

And his dog tags.

They hang above my desk as a reminder of sacrifice, heroism, courage, and the strong bond that can be between grandfather and granddaughter.

A deep and most heartfelt thank you to all those who have served for the greater good of our country. And thanks to the families who support those who have served.  Your sacrifice hasn't gone unnoticed.

Rest in peace, grandpa.  We're remembering you today.

Comments

Popular Posts