A weekend in air and space

Since I found out I was pregnant, my writing schedule has been off.  I'm at the I'm-so-tired-I-could-nap-on-cement phase of the first trimester, so there have been some days where I napped instead of writing during my free-time.

But!  I'd like to think I'm a dedicated blogger at my core, so I'll continue posting as regularly as I can. All that being said, let's talk weekend, shall we?

We announced we are expecting - as our good friend would say - "Lochner Baby the Sequel".  The little one is due to arrive in November.  We announced early.  I'm barely six weeks along.  Going through the whole process once before, I know it's recommended to wait until the 12-week-mark to tell the world.  For whatever reason, that notion didn't sit right with me.  Maybe already having one kid and seeing what this vague idea of pregnancy actually means, I felt no reason to not share the news. No matter what happens, this life is real and growing and happening whether at 4 weeks or 12 weeks. 

Aside from talking to family and friends about the new little one, we cleaned and packed and ran errands on Saturday.  We learned we got the town home we were hoping to, so we're in the final weeks of prepping for life in Washington.

After the craziness of Saturday, Sunday was reserved for our family.  We took a family date to the Air and Space Museum at Balboa Park (a place my husband has been wanting to visit).  Tim went in some flight simulator, Ella and I sat in a helicopter.  We took a picture on the moon.  It was a cute family date.  And of course, you can never go wrong walking around Balboa Park on a sunny, Sunday afternoon.  

Sunday ended with Palm Sunday Mass - the beginning of Holy Week.  Holy week is one of my favorite times of the year.  It's all about the beauty and sacrifice in suffering and redemption and the joy and wonder in the resurrection.  

So here we are.  Another week, but certainly not an ordinary one.  Here's to a wonderful Holy Week.

As creative as I get when it comes to pregnancy announcements.  









Comments

Popular Posts