The bigger things

On Thanksgiving, I wrote about the littler things - the things I rarely think about like insurance and doctors and vitamins but the things I am ever grateful for.  I continue to give thanks for the smaller things, but as 2014 comes to a close, I can't help but think about the bigger things.  My faith, my family, my friends.

It's so easy to be cliche on this day.  We get all sentimental and reflective.  And we're excited about ringing in the new year.  Well, that's exactly what I'm doing today, being cliche, that is.  I'm getting all sentimental about this year as this was the year we welcomed a sweet girl into the world.  I'm thankful for Ella's Godparents, our friends who have been there during times when we've needed a friend.  I'm thankful for my best friends who take time out of their schedules for three hour Skype dates and who shower Ella with all kinds of love.  I'm thankful for my vibrant, little nephews who never fail to bring a smile to my face.  I'm reflecting on goals achieved, and personal growth, and what I've learned this year as a wife and mother.  And I am excited.  Excited about what 2014 brought and waiting to see what 2015 will bring.

Happy New Year.  I hope you ring in the new year satisfied and proud of 2014 and beyond elated to make 2015 a year to remember.

Comments

Popular Posts