From the weekend








It was a weekend of cleaning, errand running, candle burning, Office watching, and cookie baking. Since I've started to drive more often, I've picked up some of the errands that Tim and I either used to do together or Tim would tackle on this own.  (I don't know how he juggled all that he did for over a year - super husband, indeed!)  It's been great and exhausting.  I feel like I can breathe a little more freely having regained an independence I missed for so many months, but with the holidays, the stores are busier, parking lots are fuller, and friendly shoppers can sometimes be few and far between.

This weekend, though it was simply enjoyable to be out.  I had the intention of rising with the sun and getting out before the stores got busy on Saturday, but life with a newborn gave me a run for my money, and I didn't get out the door until after 10.  The stores were busy, sure, but I have to note how kind people were.  It was refreshing; peoples' senses of humor and smiles shined so bright, I felt a tug on my heart to thank God for the people I was encountering.  I ended my errands on an even happier note and sat in an almost vacant coffee shop which made for a perfect setting for taking a breath and relaxing. 

On a completely different note, where was I in 2005 when The Office was on?  Oh, that's right.  I was in high school, hating it.  I don't know why I ever disliked the show so much.  We're watching it now, and I'm dying over every episode.  At first, Tim couldn't stand it, but now he's dying with laughter next to me.  (But don't tell him I told you that.)

Anyway, we've finally reached Christmas week.  It feels like Christmas has been around forever since we (happily) decorated way too early this year.  I'm excited for the days ahead.  We've got going out to look at Christmas lights on our itinerary as well as (more) cookie baking (as well as eating more cookies).  I'm also going to attempt to make pierogi from scratch for Christmas Eve dinner (stay tuned on how that goes).

I hope your days ahead are bright and your Christmas preparations are stress-free and are filled with the perfect amount of caffeine.

Comments

Popular Posts