Soaking in gratitude



I decided to document my pregnancy journey for two reasons.  One - in hopes to help fellow pregnant ladies who stop by and read and two - to have it for years to come.  But if I'm being completely honest, I don't do well while pregnant.  With my mood often against me, I find myself struggling and working to feel like myself and give my best self to my husband and daughter.  So as these final months have approached, I've been more and more hesitant to document my journey because I haven't wanted to give off all those hormonal, negative vibes.  But that's been my reality as of late - mood swings and pain I'm trying to grin through.

Something that's kept my spirits high and my attitude positive though is the weather.  Now I feel like my dad talking about the weather, but I forgot how much of an impact weather can have on your mood and well-being.  Living in California for the past six years, I forgot what that Fall crisp really feels like, the smells of an ending Summer and blossoming Autumn, the rain pelting on my window giving a certain radiance to my twinkle lights on the patio.  I go outside and breathe easy, calmly. These little things I took for granted, barely even took notice to, growing up in the Midwest. But now I cherish every one of them.

And this, of course, has only given me a deep sense of gratitude for the opportunity of living in Washington.  I can't wait to go to World Market and Homegoods and Target to get some Fall accents for our new place and some Fall attire for our wardrobes.  That's what's on our agenda this weekend.

I hope you've had a great week.  I'll be back on Monday with (hopefully) a mini-haul and a regular blogging schedule.

Highlight of my week and always: her sweetness.  (Pardon my shoe.)

Comments

Popular Posts