Easter weekend

I worked to make this weekend a good one.  Between Ella's first Easter and our move to Washington coming up, I wanted to make this weekend about our family.

This Easter was Ella's first Easter, so even though half of our apartment is in boxes and it was just the three of us, I wanted to make the day special.  We decided to go to Mass at sunrise, which didn't bode well for morning sickness, but was beautiful nonetheless.  Since we had plans to make a nice dinner, we went out for brunch and came home to do Easter baskets.

After cooking for a good chunk of the afternoon, we sat down to dinner and feasted on ham, potatoes, and glazed carrots (salad is for Mondays).  We had music playing, flowers on the table, and the apartment was clean (for the most part) and I simply took in the family time.  I had never envisioned having a family of my own and as I sat there eating too many servings of scalloped potatoes, I couldn't help but be grateful for the road I chose to take.

Later, we headed over to a good friend's house for drinks.  Ella was particularly outgoing.  She laughed and played with my good friend and her sweet, little dog.  It was refreshing to see Ella having fun with our friends.

Then we came home, put Ella to bed, I had second dinner (obviously), Tim retreated to read, and I turned on Keeping Up With the Kardashians and relaxed.  After a long, successful, blessed Easter, it was most satisfying to relax and have some me-time.








Comments

Popular Posts