Blogaversary


One year ago today I wrote my first blog post.  This post.  Six days before I had my little girl.

April of last year was a weird time.  Moving out of state was put on hold for a year due to my husband moving forward at his job.  Financially, we decided it'd be best if I stayed home once Ella was born. I was still trying to figure out life as a newlywed and then as a mom.

I remember feeling particularly lost, alone.  And in the midst of it all, I distinctly remember feeling I just want to write.  I didn't really know about what, and I didn't want to make it a thing where there were announcements and new layouts and launches.  I just wanted to have some time each day to write.  Me and Blogger.  So one year ago today I decided to take my time away from a desk job as an opportunity for myself.

I take note of this day, because it's a goal achieved, and though this blog is small, it's brought me great joy.  It's helped me to (truly) discover that writing is my passion. And though I may die without ever being published or recognized or receiving a paycheck, I'd get up on any Sunday at 3AM to write. And I've learned to find that thing that thing that drives you is priceless.

Thanks for reading what I write.  It ignites my soul and pushes me to continue.  I've received such sweet messages of support and encouragement and thanks.  And I'm grateful to you for those.  There's quite literally a million and three blogs out there, I'm honored you chose mine.

Comments

Popular Posts