A's 2 month update


Snuggler, big coo-er, and smile-r.  This is little Archer at 2 months.  The loves of his life are the birds on his Snug-a-Bunny.  He eats a lot which makes him a happy and a content little man...until you give him a bath.  Then it's screaming time until he's bundled and cozy and under 2 blankets again.  Sleeping is better on some nights than others, but at 9 weeks that's still to be expected.  He seems to have an outgoing sort of personality, or at the very least doesn't mind interacting with other people.  He was smiling up a storm with our pediatrician at his check-up which was so sweet to see.

He's a pure light in our family.  Even with him being so little, I absolutely love the dynamic between he and Ella.  Ella's joy for the new addition has added to our own happiness, and I can't wait to see them grow up next to each other.

I have to say that the transition from having 1 kid to 2 kids has completely surprised me.  It hasn't been anything near to what I expected.  Yes, Tim works from home so if all out chaos ensues in the middle of the day, he can lend a quick hand, but there isn't much chaos that needs tending to.  Ella is eager help or is patient when I need her to be, Archer sleeps well, eats well, and has an overall calm demeanor.  

I'm so thankful.  Because in all honesty, I needed this.  I needed to see Ella love Archer and I needed to see Archer smile uncontrollably at our pediatrician and easily gain weight on formula.  I needed what these last two months have been.  Because after the craziness that was my first year of motherhood, I needed to be reassured that I can have 1 kid, 2 kids, and be happy and thrive.

Of course, it's not all rainbows. Archer was nearly inconsolable in church this past weekend for no other reason than he was tired.  I swayed, and "shhhed" in the back of the church for a good chunk of Mass -- it gave me so much anxiety I had to hide the tears.

These moments come and go, but they in no way define the family of 4 life.  At the end of the day, I'm grateful my kids are who they are and I wouldn't trade their relationship and our new family for anything.

Comments

Popular Posts