October 1

Picture taken in Anchorage, Alaska
October 1st is my favorite ordinary day of the year.    Even though we're nearing the end of the year, October 1st always brings a sense of newness and freshness.  It's when Fall begins feeling like Fall, when it's socially acceptable to begin prepping for the upcoming string of holidays (beginning with Halloween), it's when I can change out the throw pillows, and break out and dust off the autumn scented candle I bought last season for a whopping .79 cents.

I live in San Diego.  So for me, today is nothing more than a brief hiatus in between heat waves. But it doesn't matter.  Come October, I inevitably feel a little more refreshed than I did on September 30th, and I'm ready to gear up and end the year on a high note.

(The fact that Netflix started streaming all seven seasons of Gilmore Girls today is just an added bonus.)

Comments

Popular Posts