From the weekend

We've officially entered our last week here in Washington.  I can't believe it.  

Our Saturday started out with our routine coffee visit, of course.  This trip, pastries were included.  Ella couldn't get out a "cheese" before she dove into her banana bread.


My most shining moment.  Yes, I play Pokemon Go.  Yes, I'm level 6.  Yes, I think it's great.  (While we're on the subject, let's take a moment to recognize that it is possible to play this game without getting into a car accident or going to the park at 3AM or running into a statue.)


Saturday evening with the cousins!  All morning, Ella was going around saying, "baby" referring to sweet little Rylie.  So Ella was pretty excited when she finally got her girl playtime in.


Family walk or family outing to catch some Pokemon?  You'll never know!


In all seriousness, I've been wanting to go out on this trail since we moved here.  We got out, got some sun, and got our steps (and our Pokemon) in for the day.


Ah, my sweet A.  He's been going through some sort of ... thing where he wakes right up before he's supposed to go to bed.  He laughs and screams and wants to play.  Last night was no different.  So I took him out on the patio and sat with him.  He screamed and bounced and cooed every time a breeze ran through his hair.  As he bounced, I sat back and took in the view of our back patio for one of the last times.

As much as moving to Michigan has been Tim's and my goal since we got married, I can't believe the time is finally here.  And looking back, I'm continually amazed by how fast time flies no matter what situation you find yourself in.  This chapter in our lives has, for me, reiterated to enjoy the journey, enjoy the ride.  The car will soon stop and it'll be time to get out and continue on.

Comments

Popular Posts