The tale of the staycation

Tim getting cash and me being, well, me.
It turns out the key to having a good weekend is to wear giant pineapples on your face.
Cheers. Every 4 years I have a mimosa.
This weekend was one of the best weekends I've had in quite a time. After the craziness that was last week, I was ready to use this weekend to recharge. Initially, the plan was to get away. Tim and I had scheduled a weekend getaway, but, at the last minute, we decided to stay local.

And I'm glad we did.

Exploring the state I've called "home" since I learned to talk, is my new favorite thing.  It's a bit surreal to reside here and discover all these hidden gems scattered between zip codes. I once longed only to go beyond the Great Lakes, after all. We did downtown shopping, inhabited coffee shops, and dined-in for Mexican.

Saturday night was the real kicker. If you're reading this and you know me well, I'm not even sure you'll believe it. We went out for drinks and dancing with my best friends. I'd just like to note we went out at 10 (pm). For someone who typically falls asleep on the couch at 9:45 watching Dancing With the Stars, it was almost unbelievable. But drank and danced, I did.

And then I got up on Sunday and had a mimosa at brunch. (I mean honestly who even am I?)

So long, stay-cation! You were just what the doctor ordered.

Comments

Popular Posts