Happy new year!


One of the best things about being on the road to 30 is coming to understand what you *really* like and what you *really* don't like. And, further, not being ashamed about your realization. In recent years, I've learned New Year's Eve is my least favorite holiday. I've always liked the idea of New Year's Eve, but in reality, I'm not a big partyer, I'm not a big drinker, and I frequently fall asleep on the couch before 10 o'clock. My ideal New Year's consists of takeout, comfy clothes, games and puzzles. And this year was just that! Tim and I played Uno, did a Bob Ross puzzle, and ate chinese. We went to the Lions game earlier in the day, so it felt like the perfect balance of outings and quiet time in. 2018, you're lookin' good already.






We spent the bulk of New Year's Day cleaning, organizing and de-cluttering. But not before we spent the morning talking over our personal and family goals and resolutions for 2018. Closets are clean, floors are vacuumed, we're ready for ya, 2018.

Now if only our sick, little kiddos would feel better! We've got an un-opened bottle of champagne still sitting in the car since we were taking care of our little ones when the clock struck midnight. But who says you can't pop open champagne on an ordinary Tuesday?

Happy new year!

Comments

Popular Posts